By Vivienne Sanders
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review requisites of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and information for every suitable specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for a number of classes including:
- AQA: the yank Dream: truth and phantasm, 1945-1980
Read Online or Download Access to History: The American Dream: Reality and Illusion, 1945-1980 for AQA PDF
Best uk history books
Quantity II of this monstrous reference paintings covers the years within which the League of countries failed a result of rising dictatorships in Germany and Italy and the expansionist rules followed by way of Japan. Britain used to be nonetheless reeling from the implications of worldwide battle I and the RAF used to be unfortunately a long way in the back of the opposite significant international powers in plane layout, nonetheless counting on bi-planes that have been direct descendants of global battle I considering.
Within the years following the fantastic Revolution, autonomous slave investors challenged the constitution of the Royal African corporation by means of announcing their ordinary rights as Britons to alternate freely in enslaved Africans. during this finished background of the increase and fall of the RAC, William A. Pettigrew grounds the transatlantic slave alternate in politics, now not fiscal forces, interpreting the ideological arguments of the RAC and its competitors in Parliament and in public debate.
First released in 1964. This e-book is worried with impressions of Arabic tradition at the British prior to the 1st global conflict. extra quite, it's concerned about 3 Victorian travelers, all of whom knew Arabic tradition first hand via their travels within the center and close to East, and particularly in Arabia, Arabic North Africa, and the seaboard of the jap Mediterranean.
Parenting in England is the 1st examine of the realm of parenting in overdue Georgian England. the writer, Joanne Bailey, lines rules approximately parenthood in a Christian society that was once responding to new cultural tendencies of sensibility, romanticism and domesticity, besides Enlightenment rules approximately adolescence and self.
- British Financial Crises since 1825
- Charles I and the Aristocracy, 1625–1642
- The Path to Sustained Growth: England's Transition from an Organic Economy to an Industrial Revolution
- The Sidneys of Penshurst and the Monarchy, 1500–1700
- Edward I and the Governance of England, 1272-1307 (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought: Fourth Series)
Extra info for Access to History: The American Dream: Reality and Illusion, 1945-1980 for AQA
Access to History: The American Dream: Reality and Illusion, 1945-1980 for AQA by Vivienne Sanders